â€‹Celebrate Green During Septemberâ€™s 1st Wednesday Street Party
Posted On: August 25, 2015.
PDA News Archive
Celebrate Green in downtown Pleasanton on September 2nd during the 1st Wednesday Street Party, the last one of the summer. The third annual Green Scene at 1st Wednesday will bring attention to companies working to take care of the planet. Vendors will be marked by green balloons and offer information regarding energy efficient technology, waste reduction, water conservation and recycling. Browse nearly 200 vendors booths, listen to live music, enjoy wine and beer and great food!
• LIVE MUSIC - Public Eye will be bringing high energy rock and roll to the Entertainment Garden from 6-9pm sponsored by ClubSport of Pleasanton. Also, enjoy live music at ArtBlock on W. Angela Street with saxophonist Jeffrey Jones and at St. Mary’s Street with guitarist Eric Rozran.
• WINE GARDEN FEATURING GUEST BREWERY HANDLES – Along with the family friendly Entertainment Garden at 530 Main Street, adults 21 years of age and older will enjoy a variety of wine and beer. Murrieta’s Well, Entwine and Mitchell Katz Winery will serve up their best varietals by the glass. All three wineries boast awards from the Alameda County Wine Competition, the Wine Garden sponsor. Handles Gastropub will pull up their tap trailer and serve up their craft brews. Sip on a refreshing glass of wine or beer as you sway to live music.
• CHILDREN’S ACTIVITIES – Stop by the entertainment garden for complimentary balloon animals. Stroll north, up to the 700 block of Main Street to climb Spider Mountain, twist and turn on giant trampolines, visit a pony from Horizon East Stables, get your face painted or a glitter henna tattoo and then test your virtual skills at Game Truck.
• FARMERS’ MARKET – The growers you love at Pleasanton’s Saturday Farmers’ Market are coming to 1st Wednesdays! The Pacific Coast Farmers’ Market Association is bringing you the freshest summer produce, flavorful prepared food and beautiful blooms you will only find on St. Mary Street at Main Street during 1st Wednesday.
• DELICIOUS FOOD – Slow down and relax on one of downtown’s beautiful restaurant patios. Several downtown eateries will be offering drink and food specials during 1st Wednesday. A full list of the specials will be posted at the Entertainment Garden and also on PleasantonDowntown.net. Food Truck Mafia will feature four trucks this month at 1st Wednesday Street Parties to meet your foodie needs. Big City Country Boy, Street Dogs, Lobsta Truck, J Shack and Rice Rockit will serve up delicious cuisine on Main Street during the September 2nd Street Party.
• ARTBLOCK – The featured artist at ArtBlock this month is painter and photographer Jeff Hemming. Stroll Angela Street and discover a wealth of talent from painters, sculptors, jewelers and more!
• GREEN SCENE – Follow the green balloons to companies with great information on energy efficiency, recycling, sustainability and more. Green Scene vendors include Zone 7 Water Agency, New Leaf Community Markets, High Definition Solar, Safeway, Tri-Valley Lawn Painting, The Solar Company, The City of Pleasanton Community Services and Green Stock Solar.
1st Wednesdays are where we can all gather, celebrate and enjoy the heart of our community! We invite you to come downtown and rediscover 1st Wednesdays! Be sure to follow the PDA on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+ and visit our website www.pleasantondowntown.net to be the first to know about downtown events & activities!