Celebrate Red, White and Blue at Downtown Pleasantonâ€™s 1st Wednesday Street Party
Posted On: June 24, 2015.
PDA News Archive
Downtown Pleasanton turns up the heat at July 1st’s 1st Wednesday Street Party from 6-9pm. This month expect more children’s activities, rockin’ live music, beer and wine featured in the Wine Garden, Farmers’ Market and local artists at ArtBlock.
• WINE GARDEN FEATURING GUEST BREWERY HANDLES – Along with the family friendly Entertainment Garden at 530 Main Street, adults 21 years of age and older will enjoy a variety of wine and beer. Las Positas Vineyards and Ehrenberg Cellars will serve up their best varietals by the glass. Both wineries boast awards from the Alameda County Wine Competition, the Wine Garden sponsor. Handles Gastropub will pull up their tap trailer and serve 12oz glasses of their Bouquet Blonde and Alisal Pale Ale. Sip on a refreshing glass of wine or beer as you sway to live music.
• LIVE MUSIC - Stereo Bounce is bringing pop and rock hits of today to the Entertainment Garden from 6-9pm. Also, enjoy live music at ArtBlock with Stone Groove and at St. Mary’s Street the Pleasanton Ukulele Band will whisk you away to the beach with their island music and dancers.
• CHILDREN’S ACTIVITIES – Stop by the entertainment garden for complimentary balloon animals and carnival games thanks to Club Sport Pleasanton. Stroll north, up to the 700 block of Main Street to visit a pony from Horizon East Stables, get your face painted or a henna tattoo and then test your virtual skills at Game Truck.
• FARMERS’ MARKET – The growers you love at Pleasanton’s Saturday Farmers’ Market are coming to 1st Wednesdays! The Pacific Coast Farmers’ Market Association is bringing you the freshest summer produce, flavorful prepared food and beautiful blooms you will only find on St. Mary Street at Main Street during 1st Wednesday.
• DELICIOUS FOOD – Slow down and relax on one of downtown’s beautiful restaurant patios. Several downtown eateries will be offering drink and food specials during 1st Wednesday. A full list of the specials will be posted at the Entertainment Garden. Food Truck Mafia will feature five new trucks each month at 1st Wednesday Street Parties to meet your foodie needs. Big City Country Boy, Le Café Roule, Lobsta Truck, 3 Brother’s Kitchen and Opie’s will serve up delicious cuisine on Main Street during the July 1st Street Party.
• ARTBLOCK – The featured artists at ArtBlock this month is talented painter Thomas Cory. Several art students will have their art on display and be on hand to discuss their work. Stroll Angela Street and discover a wealth of talent from painters, sculptors, jewelers and more!
1st Wednesdays are where we can all gather, celebrate and enjoy the heart of our community! We invite you to come downtown and rediscover 1st Wednesdays! Be sure to follow the PDA on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+ and visit our website www.pleasantondowntown.net to be the first to know about downtown events & activities!