Jump Into Summer at Downtown Pleasantonâ€™s 1st Wednesday Street Party June 3rd
Posted On: May 26, 2015.
PDA News Archive
Main Street will come alive during June 3rd’s 1st Wednesday Street Party from 6-9pm. Enjoy live music throughout downtown along with nearly 200 vendor booths, a Wine Garden, Farmers’ Market and local artists at ArtBlock.
• FARMERS’ MARKET – The growers you love at Pleasanton’s Saturday Farmers’ Market are coming to 1st Wednesdays! The Pacific Coast Farmers’ Market Association is bringing you the freshest produce and other flavorful food you will only find on St. Mary Street at Main Street during 1st Wednesday.
• WINE GARDEN FEATURING GUEST BREWERY – Along with the family friendly Entertainment Garden at 530 Main Street, adults 21 years of age and older will enjoy a variety of wine and beer. Fenestra Winery, Concannon Vineyard and Enoteca Five will serve up their best varietals by the glass. All three wineries boast awards from the Alameda County Wine Competition which sponsors the Wine Garden. New this month, Handles Gastropub will be a guest brewery inside the Wine Garden serving their Bouquet Blonde and Alisal Pale Ale. Sip on a refreshing glass of wine or beer as you sway to live music.
• DELICIOUS FOOD – Slow down and relax on one of downtown’s beautiful restaurant patios. Many downtown eateries will be offering drink and food specials during 1st Wednesday. Stop by the Entertainment Garden in the 500 block of Main Street to get a full list of the specials. Food Truck Mafia will feature five new trucks each month at 1st Wednesday Street Parties to meet your foodie needs. On June 3, Big City Country Boy, Out of the Cave, Hongry Kong, Kona Ice and Southern Comfort Kitchen will serve up delicious cuisine on Main Street.
• ARTBLOCK – The featured artists at ArtBlock this month are talented students from Foothill High School. Several art students will have their art on display and be on hand to discuss their work. Stroll W. Angela Street and discover a wealth of talent from painters, sculptors, jewelers and more!
• LIVE MUSIC - Steel Rose is bringing country hits to the Entertainment Garden from 6-9pm. Also, enjoy live music at ArtBlock with Eric Rozran, at the Farmers’ Market with John Brazell and Garage Band Academy will be rocking out on South Main Street near the Veterans’ Memorial Building. Bring your dancing shoes!
1st Wednesdays are where we can all gather, celebrate and enjoy the heart of our community! We invite you to come downtown and rediscover 1st Wednesdays! Be sure to follow the PDA on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+ and visit our website www.pleasantondowntown.net to be the first to know about downtown events & activities!