June’s 1st Wednesday Street Party Brings Olympic Size Fun
Posted On: May 24, 2016.
PDA News Archive
Live music, children’s activities, food trucks, and an Olympic Day celebration in store for June’s 1st Wednesday Street Party. Main Street will open to nearly 200 vendors, bands, fun and games on Wednesday, June 1 from 6-9pm.
• OLYMPIC DAY CELEBRATION – Celebrate the 2016 Summer Olympics in the Entertainment Garden sponsored by ClubSport of Pleasanton located at 530 Main Street. The PDA is honored to welcome Paralympian Sebastian DeFrancesco to the event. He will be on hand to take photos, sign autographs and show off his Table Tennis talents that earned him five medals in competitions throughout the world. The Pleasanton Downtown Association’s Olympic Day event is one of more than 2,000 events taking place nationwide during the month of June.
• BEER & WINE GARDEN – Along with the family friendly Entertainment Garden at 530 Main Street, adults 21 years of age and older will enjoy our rocking bands inside the Beer and Wine Garden. Handles on Main will be pouring their craft beer. Mitchell Katz Winery and Wente Vineyards will be serving up their best varietals.
• MUSIC, MUSIC & MUSIC - Fast Times will be bringing the neon, rad and fresh 80s hits to the Entertainment Garden from 6-9pm. Also, enjoy live music from Garage Band Academy and Pleasanton Elementary School Bands.
• KID ZONE – New this year presented by The Alameda County Fair! Rock climbing wall, a trackless training, face painting, balloon twisting, a video game truck and much more! The Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory’s Fun With Science team will also be doing demonstrations for the children. Find all the fun on St. Mary Street.
• FOOD, FOOD, FOOD! – Get ready to indulge in some of the best street eats of the bay area. Food Truck Mafia will feature four new trucks each month at 1st Wednesday Street Parties to meet your foodie needs. In June, enjoy food from Rice Rockit, Out of the Cave, Grillaz Gone Wild and Grab & Go Kabob. Indulge in sweet treats from downtown vendors Primrose Bakery and Noland’s Cake Shop. Or relax and take a seat on one of our beautiful restaurant patios.
The 1st Wednesday Street Party is proudly sponsored by Hacienda Business Park, The Alameda County Fair and Club Sport of Pleasanton.
1st Wednesdays are where we can all gather, celebrate and enjoy the heart of our community! We invite you to come downtown and rediscover 1st Wednesdays! Be sure to follow the PDA on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+ and visit our website www.pleasantondowntown.net to be the first to know about downtown events & activities!