Pooch Parade Returns for August 1st Wednesday
Posted On: July 27, 2015.
PDA News Archive
Enjoy the Dog Days of Summer in Downtown Pleasanton during the 1st Wednesday Street Party on August 5th from 6-9pm. Families and four-legged friends will flock to Main Street for this fun event which will feature a pooch parade, rockin’ live music, Goodguys Car Show and much more!
• POOCH PARADE – The 18th Annual Pooch Parade will take place at 7pm on Main Street. Line up to watch dogs strut their stuff, many of them in costume, during this one of a kind parade. Registration and judging are from 5:30 - 7:00pm with trick dogs performing at 6:30 pm at Lions Wayside Park. Enter your pooch, any size 4 months or older, in any or all of the seven categories for great prizes! For complete details and to download a registration form go to www.trivalleyguidedogs.org.
• GOODGUYS CAR SHOW – Goodguys Rod & Custom Association will have over 15 vehicles on display at St. Mary Street. Talk to the owners and get up close to classic engines. Children under 10 years of age are welcome to build a small model antique Ford car to keep. American Idol Season 14 finalist Maddy Hudson will be entertaining visitors.
• LIVE MUSIC - Fast Times will be bringing the neon, rad and fresh 80s hits to the Entertainment Garden from 6-9pm sponsored by ClubSport of Pleasanton. Also, enjoy live music at ArtBlock with Michael Montoya and at St. Mary’s Street with Maddy Hudson
• WINE GARDEN FEATURING GUEST BREWERY HANDLES – Along with the family friendly Entertainment Garden at 530 Main Street, adults 21 years of age and older will enjoy a variety of wine and beer. Wente Vineyards, Elliston Vineyards and Crooked Vine & Stony Ridge Winery will serve up their best varietals by the glass. All three wineries boast awards from the Alameda County Wine Competition, the Wine Garden sponsor. Handles Gastropub will pull up their tap trailer and serve 12oz glasses of their craft brews. Sip on a refreshing glass of wine or beer as you sway to live music.
• CHILDREN’S ACTIVITIES – Stop by the entertainment garden for complimentary balloon animals. Stroll north, up to the 700 block of Main Street to visit a pony from Horizon East Stables, get your face painted or a glitter henna tattoo and then test your virtual skills at Game Truck.
• FARMERS’ MARKET – The growers you love at Pleasanton’s Saturday Farmers’ Market are coming to 1st Wednesdays! The Pacific Coast Farmers’ Market Association is bringing you the freshest summer produce, flavorful prepared food and beautiful blooms you will only find on St. Mary Street at Main Street during 1st Wednesday.
• DELICIOUS FOOD – Slow down and relax on one of downtown’s beautiful restaurant patios. Several downtown eateries will be offering drink and food specials during 1st Wednesday. A full list of the specials will be posted at the Entertainment Garden. Food Truck Mafia will feature four trucks this month at 1st Wednesday Street Parties to meet your foodie needs. Southern Comfort Kitchen, Grillaz Gone Wild, Cabana Daves and Kona Ice will serve up delicious cuisine on Main Street during the July 1st Street Party.
• ARTBLOCK – The featured artists at ArtBlock this month is talented glass artist Gigi Erickson. Stroll Angela Street and discover a wealth of talent from painters, sculptors, jewelers and more!
1st Wednesdays are where we can all gather, celebrate and enjoy the heart of our community! We invite you to come downtown and rediscover 1st Wednesdays! Be sure to follow the PDA on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+ and visit our website www.pleasantondowntown.net to be the first to know about downtown events & activities!