Pooch Parade Returns to 1st Wednesday Street Party in Downtown Pleasanton
Posted On: July 26, 2016.
PDA News Archive
Precious pups take over Downtown Pleasanton during the annual Pooch Parade when it returns to the 1st Wednesday Street Party on August 3 from 6-9 p.m. Enjoy live music, children’s activities, food trucks, a beer and wine garden and nearly 200 vendors.
- POOCH PARADE – The 19th Annual Pooch Parade will take place at 7pm on Main Street. Line up to watch dogs strut their stuff, many of them in costume, during this playful parade. Registration and judging are from 5:30 - 7:00pm with trick dogs performing at 6:30 pm at Lions Wayside Park. Enter your pooch in seven categories for great prizes! For complete details and to download a registration form visit www.trivalleyguidedogs.org.
• BEER & WINE GARDEN – Along with the family friendly Entertainment Garden at 530 Main Street, adults 21 years of age and older can enjoy the live music inside the Beer and Wine Garden. Ehrenberg Cellars and Crooked Vine & Stony Ridge will be serving up their best varietals by the glass. Handles on Main will be pouring their craft beer.
- STUFF THE BUS – You are invited to bring school supply donations for a back to school “stuff the bus” drive. The Pleasanton Unified School District will be parking a school bus in the 700 block of Main Street to collect donations of school supplies such as backpacks, colored pencils, crayons, pens (blue, black or red), spiral notebooks, glue sticks, binders, binder paper, and pencils (#2 or mechanical). The school supply drive is being hosted by The Hanger, a donation center located on PUSD’s Village High School campus that supports Pleasanton families in need.
• KID ZONE – Children will love a trackless train, face painting, balloon twisting, a pony, video game truck and much more! The Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory’s Fun With Science team will also be doing fun science demonstrations. Princesses and other favorite characters from Storybook Smiles will visit with children and pose for pictures. Find all the fun on St. Mary Street presented by The Alameda County Fair.
• FOOD, FOOD, FOOD! – Get ready to indulge in some of the best street. Food Truck Mafia will feature four new trucks each month at 1st Wednesday Street Parties to meet your foodie needs. In August, enjoy food from Cabana Dave’s, Out of the Cave, Street Dogs and Chick n Chill. Indulge in sweet treats from downtown vendors Primrose Bakery and Noland’s Cake Shop. Or relax and take a seat on one of our beautiful restaurant patios.
The 1st Wednesday Street Party is proudly sponsored by Hacienda Business Park, The Alameda County Fair and Club Sport of Pleasanton.
1st Wednesdays are where we can all gather, celebrate and enjoy the heart of our community! We invite you to come downtown and rediscover 1st Wednesdays! Be sure to follow the PDA on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+ and visit our website www.pleasantondowntown.net to be the first to know about downtown events & activities!