Public Safety Appreciation Highlights 1st Wednesday Street Party in Downtown Pleasanton
Posted On: September 1, 2016.
PDA News Archive
For the first time the Downtown will celebrate and thank our hardworking police and fire departments during our final 1st Wednesday Street Party event of the 2016 season, September 7th from 6-9pm. Highlighted by public safety appreciation activities the street party will also feature live music, kids zone, food trucks, 200 vendors, Beer & Wine Garden and much more. PDA Executive Director, Laura Olson, stated “As a community we are incredibly fortunate that these men and women serve us tirelessly and we want to take this opportunity to say thank you! Pleasanton would not be the beautiful, safe city we love so dear without their dedication and diligence. I strongly encourage you to come down and join in this celebration of service."
• PUBLIC SAFTEY APPRECIATION – We will honor, support and celebrate our First Responders with a salute to our dedicated local Firefighters and Police Officers. Join us on Division and Main Street for special public safety activities. Kids will receive custom balloons and hats plus take part in our photo booth station where they can collectively create a “Thank You” album to give to our local Fire and Police Departments.
• MUSIC, MUSIC & MUSIC – Rock out with Public Eye in the Entertainment Garden from 6-9pm. A big ‘thank you’ to our Entertainment Garden sponsor, ClubSport of Pleasanton.
• BEER & WINE GARDEN – Along with the family friendly Entertainment Garden at 530 Main Street, adults 21 years of age and older can enjoy the live music inside the Beer and Wine Garden. Ehrenberg Cellars and Murrieta’s Well will be serving up their best varietals by the glass. Handles on Main will be pouring their craft beer.
• KID ZONE – Children will enjoy a bounce house, face painting, balloon twisting, a pony, video game truck and much more! Princesses and other favorite characters from Storybook Smiles will visit with children and pose for pictures. Find all the fun on St. Mary Street presented by The Alameda County Fair.
• FOOD, FOOD, FOOD! – Get ready to indulge in some of the best street eats of the bay area. Food Truck Mafia will feature food from Southern Comfort Kitchen, Roderick's BBQ, Grillaz gone Wild, Streatery. Indulge in sweet treats from downtown vendors Primrose Bakery and Noland’s Cake Shop. Or relax and take a seat on one of our beautiful restaurant patios.
The 1st Wednesday Street Party is proudly sponsored by Hacienda Business Park, The Alameda County Fair and Club Sport of Pleasanton.
1st Wednesdays are where we can all gather, celebrate and enjoy the heart of our community! We invite you to come downtown and rediscover 1st Wednesdays! Be sure to follow the PDA on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+ and visit our website www.pleasantondowntown.net to be the first to know about downtown events & activities!