Starting April 30th, all downtown merchants will once again have the opportunity to expand their business footprint into Main Street and participate in this community favorite here in downtown! Main Street will be closed to vehicle traffic each weekend, beginning Friday at 3PM and reopening Sunday at 9PM. Main Street will be open to the public and ready for you to stroll, shop, & dine beginning at 5PM Fridays and ending at 8PM Sundays. The street closure will continue in this format every weekend through Labor Day.
Click HERE for a map of the closure plus additional details.
*For Memorial Day (May 31) and Labor Day (September 6), the street closure will extend through Monday evening.
The Downtown Pleasanton Gas Station will remain open and operating during these planned street closures. Customers will be able to access the station via St. Mary Street.
If you plan to join us downtown, we ask that you be mindful of the health and safety of yourself and your community members. Please be sure to follow all safety protocols put in place by the Alameda County Public Health Department and State of California.
- Masks MUST be worn at all times (the only exception being when you are seated for dining)
- At least 6ft of physical distance must be maintained with others around you
- Watch for nearby cyclists, motorists, and traffic at cross streets. While bikers are permitted to ride during the closure, we ask that riders be mindful of pedestrians and proceed slowly and cautiously down Main Street. If you wish to cycle at a faster pace, please utilize First Street or Peters Ave. to do so.
NOTE: CDC guidance still recommends that fully vaccinated and unvaccinated people continue wearing a mask during large outdoor gatherings/events such as Weekend on Main where hundreds of visitors gather/walk/bike/stroll within the Weekend on Main event space.
Please remember that you are also required to abide by all rules and regulations implemented by businesses prior to entering their establishments. Our downtown businesses have been working hard to implement best practices that will keep you and their employees safe throughout your shopping or dining experience.
To view the Alameda County Public Health Department's most updated orders, please visit this link.
Parking Suggestions during the Street Closure:
The following lots are open to the public Friday at 2PM through Sunday at 8PM.
- Library Lot - 400 Old Bernal Ave.
- Civic Center Lot - 200 Old Bernal Ave.
- Public Lot at Firehouse Arts Center - 4444 Railroad Ave.
- Public Lot - 500 St. Mary St.