More Music, More Vendors, More Fun For The Entire Family When Downtown Pleasantonâ€™s 1st Wednesday Street Parties Return In May
Posted On: April 7, 2015.
PDA News Archive
Get ready for fun in downtown as 1st Wednesday Street Parties return to Main Street May 6, June 3, July 1, August 5 and September 2. This year the Pleasanton Downtown Association is bringing you more music, new displays from our talented local students, food trucks from Food Truck Mafia and an all new Wine Garden presented by the Alameda County Wine Competition. Pleasanton Downtown Association Executive Director Laura Olson said, “This year we are committed to further enhancing our popular 1st Wednesday Street Parties so that all ages can enjoy a fun and festive night in Downtown Pleasanton. We are excited about our new partnerships with local schools and organizations and new activities like our improved and elevated Wine Garden. We cannot wait to welcome you on May 6th! ”
• NEW WINE GARDEN – Along with the family friendly Entertainment Garden at 530 Main Street, this year adults 21 years of age and older will enjoy our rocking bands inside the all new Wine Garden. Local wineries, the majority boasting 2014 Alameda Wine Competition trophies, will serve up their best varietals by the glass. Sip on a glass of wine as you sway to live music.
• SCIENCE AND INNOVATION FAIR – Only in May students from Amador Valley and Foothill High Schoolswill display their science and innovation projects in the 300 block of St. Mary Street. The Foothill Jazz Ensemble and Amador Bollywood Club will provide entertainment at the fair.
• FOOD TRUCK MAFIA – Get ready to indulge in some of the best street eats of the bay area. Food Truck Mafia will feature five new trucks each month at 1st Wednesday Street Parties to meet your foodie needs. Le Café Roule, Lobsta Truck, Grillaz Gone Wild, Southern Comfort Kitchen, Kona Ice, Out of the Cave and many more will serve up delicious cuisine on Main Street. Or relax and take a seat on one of our beautiful restaurant patios.
• ARTBLOCK - We will continue to host incredible artists and artisans at our growing ArtBlock located on E. Angela Street. Stroll the street and discover a wealth of talent from painters, sculptors, jewelers and more! Plus there will be live music each month! May 6th featured artist is longtime Pleasanton resident Debbie Wardrope with her beautiful paintings. Look for talented local high school students featuring their work at ArtBlock on June 3.
• MUSIC, MUSIC & MUSIC - In addition to the featured band in the Entertainment Garden, we will be welcoming musicians throughout 1st Wednesdays! Local bands, youth groups & others will be featured in various locations during the event season. Ruckatan Latin Tribe will turn up the heat and celebrate Cinco de Mayo in the Entertainment Garden on May 6. Steel Rose is bringing country hits to June 3rd’s Street Party followed by Stereo Bounce on July 1st with tunes from 90s, 2000s and today! August 5th heats up with 80s cover band Fast Times and Public Eye rocks out the final 1st Wednesday on September 2nd.
Thank you to our sponsors Hacienda Business Park, Pleasanton Weekly and the Alameda County Wine Competition.
1st Wednesdays are where we can all gather, celebrate and enjoy the heart of our community! We invite you to come downtown and rediscover 1st Wednesdays! Be sure to follow the PDA on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+ and visit our website www.pleasantondowntown.net to be the first to know about downtown events & activities!